Get to know the tutor of this course: Charlene White
Charlene is a master Digital PR expert who has coached thousands of PR professionals all over the world, as well as numerous agencies and in-house teams, on how to plan and execute Digital PR strategies to be a better PR practitioner.
With an extensive background in journalism and Corporate Communications, Charlene has cracked the code when it comes to leveraging an integrated Digital PR strategy with new digital tools, data insights and processes to successfully reach key audiences in today’s complex digital world.
Having worked in high profile comms roles in New Zealand, the UK and Middle East, Charlene has distilled more than 20 years of comms experience into an easy-to-follow digital communications process that captures audiences in both digital ‘browse’ and ‘search’ mode.
She is a highly sought after PR coach and consultant in Australasia, an accredited trainer for the Public Relations Institute of New Zealand (PRINZ) and the Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA). She is also a mentor and guest lecturer for Auckland University of Technology’s (AUT’s) Communications’ faculty.
Diploma in Digital PR – This program provides you with a step-by-step overview of Digital PR and how to incorporate it into your everyday work to thrive in today’s fast-paced, ‘always on’ environment.
Course Module List:
- About Digital PR
- Search and Online Authority
- Digital PR Tools
- Benchmarking and Strategy
- Creating Content for Humans and Search Engine Spiders
- Channel Activation
The course covers:
- What is Digital PR?
- How the PR/Communications landscape has changed and what skills you need now to ensure you remain relevant
- How to go wider with your work to reach audiences in both ‘SEARCH’ and ‘BROWSE’ mode
- How to create a Digital PR omnipresence that grows your digital footprint and online reputation
- How to set vital key measurement goals and metrics that show the true value of your work
- The five-step Digital PR process which includes:
- How to use new Digital PR tools and data analytics (most of which are free) to understand what your audience wants to build more informed campaigns that meet their needs and be rewarded online
- How to carry out an online digital reputation assessment of your brand digital footprint upfront
- How to create optimised, authentic content to grow your brand’s online authority and so it turns up in the right places online, at the right time
- How to create an omnipresence via an integrated Digital PR plan by combining ‘Owned’, ‘Shared’, ‘Earned’ and ‘Amplified’ media channels
- How to leverage media specifically for digital and why it is one of your ‘secret weapons’ when it comes to growing your online authority
- How to incorporate new digital measurement metrics and tools into your work to show the true value and impact of your work – beyond ‘sentiment’ and ‘column inches’
On completion of your assignment in module 9, certification will be awarded from the Global Institute for Public Relations
My team took Charlene's Digital PR course and it blew our minds! It has provided us with some great ideas for not only doing our own Digital PR better, but also for advising our clients. Unlike a lot of courses, Charlene also provides some great practical tips and tools that provide step-by-step guidance so that our team can implement what we've learned. I would recommend her Digital PR course to all other agencies and in-house PRs.
Absolutely brilliant and really hands-on! Charlene's Digital PR course shines a real light on a subject that has traditionally been considered a dark art. Charlene teaches all you need to know about Digital Public Relations, with real practical examples. She makes a complex subject simple and arms her students with a complete toolbox of resources they can use every day. I highly recommend all PR/Comms people take her course. Thanks so much Charlene.
This PR course has it all! There is a shortage of people who can provide the expert public relations insights and digital nous that Charlene brings to the table. What sets her apart is the ability to provide both - simultaneously pairing a well-informed communications strategy built off years of experience with the cutting edge technical knowledge needed to execute and achieve results. Charlene is that rare person who can authoritatively do it all and her course is a real asset to any PR practitioner or organisation seeking to thrive in the modern PR environment.